Ticket System for Public Transport of Belarus
Developer: IBA IT Park | all projects
Improve the efficiency of public transport and the quality of passenger services in Belarus.
IBA Group initiated the introduction of advanced technologies in the public transport of Belarus. The new system is designed to automate payment in the public transport, enabling transport organizations to offer their customers a variety of payment options and tariff rates.
The Ticket System developed by IBA Group is designed to simplify the ticket buying process, providing the service via web or information and transaction terminals (ITT). Payment can be done by bankcard or in cash. Transport organizations can also use the system to render information services to passengers. As the Ticket System automates cashier operations, it results in optimized customer service.
The online ticket system is built using IBM WebSphere and IBM DB2. The ITT ticket system is based on MS Windows and MySQL.
The Ticket System features include:
• Storing of information about the seats available for sale
• Provision of information about the schedule, fares, and seat availability
• Integration with databases of carriers, including railway and automotive companies, and airlines
• Selection of routes and tariff rates
• Ticket booking while the online payment is performed
• Online payment by card or payment via ITT by card or in cash
• Online tracking of orders in the user cabinet
Belarusians are able to buy train, air, and bus tickets, as well as city passes via web and ITTs. As a result, waiting lines at the public transport counters become shorter. The ticketing system in Belarus becomes more advanced and efficient.
Programming languages: Java, ActionScript, XML, SQL
Technologies: MySQL, IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, IBM Tivoli, MS Windows, IBM AIX